Camp Demisanguine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gods aren't dead or a myth: the Roman gods are still alive, and to this date, they are mating with humans. Their children? They reside here for training and protection.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starstruck (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caspian Hortensis

Caspian Hortensis

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 pm

He really couldn't help it: I've been at this camp for about two years now, and my body still ached from the two mile run that we had to do every morning at 6 am. I'd think my body would've adapted to it by now. The thoughts rumbled through Caspian's head as he sat his butt against his comfortable pillow and then neared his head towards the telescope, moving it as he aimed it upwards, trying to get it in the same position that he had last night. The other day, he had caught something interesting about the distance between the constellations. Flipping through his book, which was printed in all Latin, he began to look for the measurements and what each of them meant.

"Perfect..." he purred to himself, the emptiness of the Astronomy Tower's highest room around him. Right now, it was the free hour after dinner that they had before they had to report to their tents for the night, and then shut down about forty-five minutes later. He fluttered his eyes closed, his fingers inching along the side of the telescope as he once again glanced at the stars, moving across it. He began to breath his counts, measuring the distance between those two constellations and them his thumb moving across the book. That made perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Hanson

Caleb Hanson

Dating : Single, not looking.

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Setting his book down, Caleb rolled off his bed and stretched. Quickly he grabbed his purple Camp Demi-Blood tunic and a pair of white shorts. He walked out of the cabins and into the small building where the showers and toilets were. Once inside a shower, he turned the water on ice cold and quickly washed himself. He hadn't showered for a couple of days, since he'd first gotten to camp, and he felt grimy and disgusting. Once that was done, he quickly dried himself with a towel, slipped his clothes on, and shook his head like a wet dog.

Caleb walked out of the small Roman-structured building and headed back towards Mercury's cabin, passing a bunch of different cabins. Not for the first time, Caleb wondered if Pluto was mad because he didn't have his own planet anymore. Suddenly, Caleb stopped as his eyes drifted towards the Astronomy Tower. He'd always wanted to go there, but had never actually had the time. The normal day for a camper was packed with lessons and training. Occasionally, there'd be ten or fifteen minutes to do something, but by then, Caleb was always worn out. Now, with nothing better to do, Caleb's bare feet began walking towards the tower.

It was a long walk up to the highest part of the tower, where you could see way out past camp and the highway, all the way over to the ocean. Caleb had thought he'd get peace and quiet, though, so he was surprised to find a boy there. He was looking at a telescope and had a large book in his hands. Through his glasses, he saw the the cover of the book had words in Latin on it. It wasn't surprising, considering that all demigods spoke fluent Latin. Most of them here spoke Latin better than they spoke English. Caleb cleared his throat, hoping that this boy wasn't one of the rude thickheads that he so often dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Caspian Hortensis

Caspian Hortensis

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Caspian could hear the footsteps from below him, as there were circular footsteps that led all the way up to the observatory point atop the tower. They were made of pure stone, and it was so dark and quiet that he could even hear the slightest noise. Who was coming? It was probably a fellow camper - seeing how he didn't own the Astronomy tower. There were plenty of other telescopes around here, so he was willing to share. Most of the campers used their free time to train, or rest up for more training in the future. Honestly, Caspian wasn't the one who actually wanted to fight and battle, but he was pretty decent at it. Deciding to ignore it, and figured that the kid would just gaze at the stars and be astonished, Caspian continued with what he was doing.

Thats when he heard the clearing of the throat behind him and got up from the cushion seat, and then spun on his heel and then turned his lips up as his white teeth showed a smile. "Oh, err, hello? I'm Caspian... welcome to the Astronomy Tower." Caspian's skin was a little too pale for California - mainly because he spent most of his time cooped up in this tower. He even accidentally spent the night here more then once when he was doing a long, overnight study. It was pretty comfortable with the cushioned seats all thrown together.

"Do you need any help on how to use the equipment?" Caspian then asked.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Hanson

Caleb Hanson

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Nox

Although it was nighttime, Nox was not in her chariot of darkness, tending to the countries of the world. No, she'd asked her two sons Somnus and Thanatos to fill in for her for this one night so she could do something special. It wasn't every night that a Titaness like herself came to Camp Demi-Blood and claimed a child. In fact, she hadn't done so in little over 500 years. This was a very special occasion, and she had to admit that she felt bad, having abandoned her only demigod son at such a young age. She hoped that her claiming him would partially make up for it, but she knew that giving the boy a few seconds with his mother and a gift wouldn't make up for neglecting him all his life.

Nox took a deep breath and shrunk from a twenty-nine foot goddess to a 5'10 woman with dark hair and deep blue eyes. She looked out over Camp Demi-Blood and spotted her son through the window of the highest room in the astronomy tower. It wasn't out of the ordinary for her children to be fascinated with the night sky, given who their mother is. Nox appeared in the room with her son and another boy, a child of Trivia, although he didn't know it yet. She acknowledged Trivia's son before turning to her own.

With a wave of her hand, her symbol appeared over the boy's head. "Caspian Hortensis, I hereby claim you as my own, a true son of Nox." She opened up her left hand and a small object appeared in it. "Take this," she told Caspian. "When in need, it will turn into a full-sized, flying chariot of darkness. Whenever you need to make a quick escape, it will consume everything around you in darkness, giving you enough time to get away. Wherever you go, Caspian, know that I am watching." With those words, Nox returned back to her little cottage on the edge of Tartarus.

Last edited by Caleb Hanson on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Roman names X()
Back to top Go down
Caspian Hortensis

Caspian Hortensis

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 pm

"M-mom?" Caspian stuttered out in sheer shock as she said that she claimed him as his own, a true son of Nox. This was almost his first full year at camp, and finally it has happened. He was curious for so long of who his immortal parent was, and Nox did come up a lot because of his fascination with the night sky. Was it really meant to be? He couldn't help but not appeared focus on her dark, sleek hair that fell down the side of her face and her deep raven blue eyes, just so dark like the night. It seemed the exact color of the sky that he was looking at through his telescope - or the night when it has just rained and the drops seemed to illuminate the skies and the stars.

He took the small item and then let it fall in his palm. In this form, it just looked like a dark blue-black metal star. How did I use it? How did I activate it? I was still flabbergasted by the claiming that I could barely ask her any questions, and before I even had the chance to do so: she disappeared. My eyes dropped and then I tied the metal star, which came with a chain, around my neck so I always had it with me. I had a feeling you had to say something to activate it: I'd ask my mom later. But who was guiding the night skies in her absence... Somnus?
Back to top Go down
Caleb Hanson

Caleb Hanson

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Caleb shook his head, knowing that he'd most likely end up breaking any of the equipment he touched, even if the boy who'd offered to teach him how to use the gadgets looked like an expert. He was about to voice this when shadows began forming in the spot between the two boys, soon creating the shape of a woman. The woman had dark hair and a slim figure. Only a goddess could appear out of shadows like that, but something told Caleb that this was much more than just a goddess. Caleb bowed his head as the woman acknowledged him. It was only for a second, before Caspian had the woman's full attention.

The woman, Caleb had guessed, was Nox, but why would she be in the Astronomy Tower instead of riding in her chariot like all of the myths said she did? The Titaness had a motherly look about her, but her voice rang true and powerful, more powerful than any soldier Caleb had ever met. Nox claimed the boy named Caspian as her son, and Caleb felt a pang of jealousy and disappointment. He'd known that Nox wasn't his mother. He was too weak, and she'd barely glanced at him before turning to her son, Caspian Hortensis. It still felt like a slap in the face to see someone get claimed right in front of you, when you weren't claimed at all. Caleb imagined that it would be different once he knew his parent and others were claimed before his eyes.

Wait! he wanted to scream. Who's my parent? Please, tell me! But the goddess was gone, and the shadows she left behind soon dissipated into nothing. Caleb noticed the blue, metallic-looking star that had not been in Caspian's hands before; a gift from Nox to her son. "Congratulations," he told the newly claimed boy, with a poorly concealed hit of bitterness in his tone. "It suits you." He didn't really know this boy at all, but if anyone was willing to come to the Astronomy Tower during the one hour of free time they got all day, they had to be pretty special.
Back to top Go down
Caspian Hortensis

Caspian Hortensis

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

"Thanks..." Still, Caspian was pretty puzzled with the situation at hand: everything was a little hard to comprehend. In a matter of minutes, he just went from being undecided of who his mother was to finally figuring out that he was a child of Nox. She was the primordial goddess of the night - which made sense with all of his fascination with it, and she was also the mother of the gods of sleep and death. Would that make him all of their uncles? He smiled, knowing that there were a tad bit Somnus kids that were mean to him, and now he was their uncle through god relations. He never had a nephew before.

"I wonder you would be claimed by," he said out loud, setting down his telescope and getting to his feet: that was enough for tonight, as he wanted to get back to the Mercury military tent and get ready for the big move over to the Nox tent. There were no kids in that tent at the moment, seeing how demigods were rather rare and Nox did rarely have children - demigod children that is. Although it would feel awkward being tent leader and having no roommates - it would be fun.

"So, I never got your name..." Caspian murmured while looking down, blushing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starstruck (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstruck (Open)   Starstruck (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Starstruck (Open)
Page 1 of 1