The gods aren't dead or a myth: the Roman gods are still alive, and to this date, they are mating with humans. Their children? They reside here for training and protection.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

training to get better (Caleb)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marcie Wolfar

Dating : right now, nobody. but maybe...

PostSubject: training to get better (Caleb)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 pm

It was afternoon already, and Marcie was getting ready for some sword fighting training. She was already in her leather armoury, when she thought about it right now it was the second day in a row she wore it without putting it down. Also the sword was hanging at her hip. Marcie was ready for any enemy that could come, or that was what she thought every day. She knew that she still had to learn much, but she also knew that she was getting better really fast. Fast she rushed to the Colosseum. She wanted to find one of the better training partners, and she knew that if she was too late all would be gone.

Marcie was entering the Colosseum. But when she was inside, she stood still in shock. It was not because she was too late, because nearly nobody was here right now. Fast she looked around. She was used that more people would train here, but she thought that this also was a good sign. If somebody entered she could fast get this person as trainings partner. Marcie laid an hand on her sword, only to feel close to the weapon. She felt much better when she could feel it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Hanson

Dating : Single, not looking.

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Taking a deep breath, Caleb closed his eyes, a look of sheer concentration on his child-like face. He was going to get this right if it took him all day. He shook his long hair out of his face and closed his eyes tight, hugging his big, leather-bound book to his chest. He'd practiced a few spells in the previous hours. He'd found a cloning spell, which he'd only had enough energy to use on a single golden drachma. He'd found a security charm, which prevented anyone who wished to do harm from touching the spellbook. He'd rested for a while after casting those two spells, and now he wondered if his mother was looking at him now, watching him struggle. Caleb wondered what Trivia would think as she looked down upon her son, struggling to cast the simplest of spells.

Concentrate, Caleb, he told himself. Concentrate! "Whoa!" Caleb felt like he was falling into a gaping pit. Like the floor of Trivia's cabin, decorated with burning candles and various other spellbooks , just disappeared from under him. Stupidly, Caleb opened his eyes and saw nothing but darkness. He didn't really have time to scream, though, because less than a second later, he was sitting in the Colosseum, on the first row. He was still clutching his book, his light hair was messy and windswept, and his glasses were crooked on his face. Caleb looked around and noticed that the Colosseum was oddly empty, with the exception of the various targets, dummies, and a girl about his age.

Shifting his book so that he was holding it in one hand, Caleb straightened his classes and walked towards the girl. "Hi," he said cheerily, his normally pale features flushed red from the adrenaline that coursed through his body. "Did you come here to train? Oh, I'm Caleb," he introduced himself. "And you?"

Lilith Greenwich rocks my neon colored socks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcie Wolfar

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Marcie had been looking around the whole time, so she also had seen the boy that had suddenly appeared. She was really shocked as the boy suddenly sat there. But she had herself enough under control so that this surprise did not reached her eyes. Then the boy was coming nearer and said that his name was Caleb. "I am Marcie. Nice to meet you, Caleb. And yeah, I had come here to train.", she said to him.

Then she looked up and down Caleb. He was about her age, but you could see that he was not that prepared for a fight. She had no idea how he had came into the Colosseum, but she was really interested. She thought how she could tell him that she was curious about that fact without sounding nosy or anything like that. Then she thought that she had found the right words, even if she knew that she normally never found the right words. "You do not seem like you have come here to train. May I ask you HOW you came here?", she then asked fast.

Then, suddenly she thought that if he was already at the Colosseum, he could maybe as well train with her. She was sure if he wanted he could prepare himself really fast for that. "Would you maybe like to fight a little bit against me?", she asked next. She did not knew if that was wise, but she had the feeling like she had to ask. She would have felt bad if she had not asked. Her hand was still on the sword, and she had the feeling like she had to hold it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Hanson

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 pm

"Nice to meet you, too, Marcie," Caleb dipped his head a little bit in a rather formal greeting. Despite the two demigods being the same age, Caleb was probably a bit shorter than the girl, and smaller by a much larger margin. The boy pushed his glasses up his nose, as they were slowly sliding down them. Marcie had dark hair and light eyes, around the average height and size for someone their age, unlike Caleb who looked four years younger than he really was, with the voice to match.

"Erm, yeah, I didn't come here to train. I sort of came here by accident, I guess. My mother gave me this spellbook yesterday when I was claimed. Trivia," he added, unsure whether or not Marcie would know what goddess randomly went around handing kids spellbooks. "So I was practicing this teleportation spell and it just brought me here...." He probably sounded like a total loon with his explanation, but he was used to it.

"Would you maybe like to fight a little bit against me?" inquired Marcie. Caleb hesitated for a moment. He'd never fought a human being before...he'd only fought a monster once, and he didn't even have his weapon on him. Just then, he looked down at his spellbook and he smiled, remembering Lupa's words when he'd asked her why she'd chosen him, a weak, spineless boy, to come to Camp Demi-Blood.

You are special in your own way, she'd told him. Have faith in your abilities.

"Sure," Caleb responded to Marcie's question. "Mind if I use this, though?" He held up his book. While most demigods used swords, daggers, or bows & arrows, Caleb's book of spells was his weapon. It was like trying out a million different swords for the one the didn't seem too heavy or too light. "I know it won't really make for a good spar, but I need to practice as well."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcie Wolfar

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:30 am

Marcie nodded as Caleb explained to her that he was a son of Trivia. That explained really much, she thought. She knew that many people wanted to try their powers as soon as they were claimed, so she could imagine that this young Trivia son would have tried it out until he was to weak to even say the next spell. Nearly Marcie had shook her head, but she managed not to do so.

Then Caleb asked her if she would mind if he would use his book. First she looked at it sceptically, because she had not idea how somebody should fight with a spellbook. But then she thought that there might be spells for defence and attack inside, so this could be really interesting. And she did not wnated that Caleb was not able to practice too. So she slowly nodded. "Yeah, that is ok. I will also try not to aim at you book.", she said with a smile.

Then, finally, she took her imperial gold sword in her hand. It was a little bit too light for her, but she had learned to get used to it. But she sometimes wished that she had a sword that really fitted to her. At the moment she held it in her hands, her whole body got into a fighting stance. She was ready, maybe not for everything that might come, but to try everything she could to defeat Caleb. Also her brain thought about nothing more than fighting. "Are you ready?", she asked him, her voice a little bit deeper as before. Marcie had no idea why it was like that, but she also did not care.

She waited till Caleb was ready too. Then she started to attack. She was not as fast as she could be and also her strikes were not as hard. She wanted to find out what Caleb could do, what his weapons were. She she started with an aim at his chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Hanson

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 am

((Sorry for the crappy post quality, the computer I'm on is awful))

Caleb grinned as Marcie eyed his book with quiet skepticism. He watched her draw her Imperial gold sword and position her body into a fighting crouch. Caleb didn't quite know what to do, and at that moment, his mind went blank from all the spells he'd memorized. There was just this weird feeling that he would probably get hurt during this spar. Demigods didn't play when it came to sparring, and they wanted a real opponent, not some 'pansy', as Caleb's uncle would say. Most spells were Latin, right? Or most of the spells Caleb had seen in movies or on television did. That was good, because Caleb, like all demigods, was fluent in Latin.

"Uh....Patrocinor!" Caleb shouted in panic when Marcie came towards him, her sword pointed at his heart. "Patrocinor!" He said again as she neared, for the first one had no effect. "Patrocinor!!" He screeched when Marcie was only a few feet away, and he was thrown back like he'd been hit by an invisible linebacker. His book flew out of his hands and clattered off into on of the many rows of seats. Caleb cursed in Latin and picked himself up, to find that the right side of his torso had many shallow scrapes, most of which were oozing blood. "Accendo!" He yelled, disappointed when nothing happened. Either conjuring fire was too tough of a spell or Caleb was worn out from the first one, but he was royally screwed now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcie Wolfar

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Marcies eyes grew wider the nearer her sword got to Caleb. He said something, but she did not listened to it. But she knew that his spell did not worked like he wanted to, because it did not worked at all. She had already decided to stop her sword when finally something happened. Caleb was thrown back, but also Marcie was hit by an strange, unseeable force. For an moment Marcie lay on the ground, a little bit dizzy. That was nothing she had seen before, nothing she was used to. This force had been stronger than anything which had hit her before. Then there was a little pain. A little bit confused she looked at her left leg. There she could see an scratch, but it was not that bad.

Then she heared Caleb shouting again. Fast she looked at him, only to find out that he had tried another spell. She was glad that this time nothing happened.This boy did not seemed to be in power of his abilities yet. And from what she had heared, he had tried to make a fire. If that had worked wrong, some really bad things could have happened. Slowly she walked towards Caleb. Her sword was loose in her hand. She wanted to look if something had happened to him, because she had seen that he was also thrown back by his own spell.

When she stood with him, she held her breath for a moment. She could see the scrapes at the torso of Caleb. "Caleb, you are hurt.", she said to him, in a little shock. She looked into his face, and could see an expression she did not knew what it should mean. She grabbed her sword tighter, only if Caleb decided to ignore his wounds and fight further.

((sorry if the post sucks))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caleb Hanson

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Caleb backed away at first when he saw Marice come towards him, but then he noticed that her grip on the sword was slack, and assumed that she had no intention of attacking him. Marcie had also been thrown back by the spell, and he saw that the girl had a small cut on her leg. He'd never meant to injure her, but she'd aimed for his chest! What was he supposed to do when someone did that? Relax and let the blade puncture his heart? Yeah, right. He seriously needed to work on his magic before sparring again. Someone could get hurt worse than just a cut on their leg, and it would be his fault. Caleb knew that demigods were born to be tough and mean, but he was neither and he couldn't help it.

"Huh?" Caleb asked distractedly when Marcie commented on his various cuts and his torn shirt. He'd all but forgotten about being hurt. "Oh," he frowned, his attention returning to his side. "It's nothing," he lied. Now that he was reminded of it, it burned and stung with every breath he took. Caleb tried not to wince and gave a smile to show that he wasn't it pain. It probably looked more like a grimace than anything else. He could patch it up when he got back to his tent. He didn't have any ambriosa or nectar, but his father had shown him how to stitch up wounds and wrap them tightly in gauze to staunch the flow of blood. "I guess I should practice more, right? Sorry about that," Caleb pointed to her leg. He straightened his glasses and pushed down his hair, doing his best to ignore the sharp, burning pain in his side. Hopefully it wasn't already infected with something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcie Wolfar

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Marcie could see that Caleb was lying. She wanted to say something about that, but he seemed like he did not liked any help from her. She looked really worried. "That is nothing, really. But I am sure yours is not that nothing like you have said.", she finally said to Caleb after he had excused himself for her scratch. She streched out her hand towards Caleb. "I think I should excuse myself. I should not have asked you for a combat. Now let me help you.", she said to the son of Trivia.

Suddenly, Marcie remembered something. She asked herself why she had not thought of it beforehand. Fast she grabbed at the hindbag of her armory. Since she had been attacked by the hellhounds, she always took an piece of ambrosia with her, if something should happen. She had never thought that she could be in such an shock that she forgot it for a moment. Fast she held it in her hand, then she streched it to Caleb. "Here, take it. It is not much, but I think it should be enough for your wounds.", she said to the boy.

Marcie walked a step further towards Caleb and closed for a short moment her eyes. Her leg hurted much more than she had thought, but she would be able to wait. She did not wanted that something happened to the boy while she had the possibility to help him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training to get better (Caleb)   

Back to top Go down

training to get better (Caleb)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Demisanguine :: Camp Demiblood :: Colosseum-
Jump to: