Camp Demisanguine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gods aren't dead or a myth: the Roman gods are still alive, and to this date, they are mating with humans. Their children? They reside here for training and protection.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Struggling to best a challenge ((open))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amelia Falcon

Amelia Falcon

Dating : Searching…

Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) Empty
PostSubject: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Amelia walked around camp. She had left her stuff in the Mercury tent, well all except a messenger bag filled with some of her trinkets and a book or two, and at the moment she was beginnig to wish that she had a lock with her since Mercury was
the god of theives. She walked by what Hectar had said was the colosseum. Making up her mind she turned and walked into the place. Wow. That was her first thought when she saw the place. If she had a weapon she would most definatly come here to practice. As it was she sat down on a bench and pulled out a book. She was going to try and read it. She usually could read fairly well, but ever since Christmas the year before it had been getting hard to read, words looked like letters thrown together to fill up space. As she opened her book she found she could barely make out a single word. She almost screamed in frustration. She loved to read. Instead of screaming she et out a very frustrated sigh. Being dyslexic was the worst thing for someone who loved to read. She sat there upset, she wanted to keep trying, but she knew she woul only give herself a headache. Whatever! She thought as she tried to read the words that she had read so many times before.

After about 20 minutes Ellie had read the first page an she could feel a headache coming on. She struggled through the second page and ten minutes later she couldn't read anymore. She had a headache and her eyes were starting to hurt. She knew that if she gave up now, she would probably not have anymore headaches but she would also dissapointed with herself. She sat there trying to read it trying to ignore her headache.
Back to top Go down
Paget Day

Paget Day

Dating : Meh, she's kinda looking for her Prince Charming.

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Paget trotted out of the over-crowded Mercury tent with a small smile dancing on her lips. It was high time she had some fun and used the gift her father had given her. She'd named it; Firmus. It was Latin for "fast", very apt considering what it allowed her to do. The other demigods frowned at her slightly though... it wasn't exactly an "imaginative" name and people generally didn't name medallions either. It was just weird.

She bit her lip, holding onto Firmus as she set off to the Colosseum. She had no idea where it was, but her imperial gold medallion gave her the power to reach any destination so long as she had it with her. She slipped her gift around her neck and set off.
When she reached the looming Colosseum, her jaw dropped. It was huge! No one ever mentioned how it would be so... vast she thought, another small smile tugging at her lips as she walked into the Colosseum as silently as she could.

A girl was sitting there. A blonde around her own age, reading a book... though it seemed as if she couldn't make head nor tail. It didn't even seem as if she knew it was upside down. Eh... we're all dyslexic here anyway, she thought to herself; finally deciding to have some fun.

Clasping her medallion, she squeezed her eyes shut. Her father's words echoed in her mind.... With this, you shall be the fastest demigod ever... he had said. He hadn't said whether or not she'd needed to concentrate though, so Paget did for good measure.
She ran as fast as she could towards the girl, snatching her book before running back to her hiding spot giggling. Boy, was that fast! she thought, adrenalin pumping through her veins.
Back to top Go down
Amelia Falcon

Amelia Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Amelia was struggling to read the third page when something grabbed her book. All she saw was a blur. "Hey!" she yelled. She hated it when people stole from her. She had been picked on all the time at school. Since she started in second grade and had never gone to school before. Now, three years later she still got picked on. "Give it back!! Now!" she said. Looking around for the person who stole her book. She was only 10 and had already been picked on more than most high schoolers. She stood up. Whoever had stolen her book would pay. "why is it alway me" she whispered to herself. She always got picked on. She hated it. She never had any friends besides the kids of the people who took her off the streets.
Back to top Go down
Paget Day

Paget Day

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Paget hid in the shadows, sniggering. Gods, she loved her new little power.
The young girl sprinted around the other girl as fast as she could, whacking her over the head with her book as gently as she could, before laughing and running away again.
"You'll have to catch me first!" she yelled, standing right in front of her, before streaking off in a blur again.
"Come on. You're what, nine? Ten? You like games, right? Well, let's go!" she snorted immaturely, calling from the other side of the Arena.
Back to top Go down
Amelia Falcon

Amelia Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

The mysterious person ran around her again. Whacking her head with her book gently. "You'll have to catch me first!" the person said. "Come on. You're what, nine? Ten? You like games, right? Well, let's go!" the voice said from across the arena. Amelia stomped her foot in frustration. This girl was really annoying her. "I'm 10. This isn't a game. This is bullying and I'm SICK of it!" she said. She hated bully's. "Whoever you are, you may think of this as a game, but I don't. So your idea of a game is mean and cruel and just plain wrong." she said. She waited to see what the person would do.
Back to top Go down
Paget Day

Paget Day

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Paget stopped suddenly, right in front of the younger girl. She rolled her eyes and sighed before hooking her arm around the girls' neck and rubbing her knuckles gently on the girls' head.
"Quite a vocabulary you have there, for a ten-year-old!" she said as she released the girl, and bent down so she could be on her level.
"You obviously don't know much about bullying, do you?" she muttered, a mischievous smile tugging at her the corners of her lips.
Back to top Go down
Amelia Falcon

Amelia Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm

The mysterious girl finally appeared and put her arm around Amelia, rubbing her head at the same time. Then she released her and looked at her. Saying she had a big vocabulary and that she didn't know much about bullying. "I live with high schoolers, you tend to pick up big words." she said with an attitude, "besides, I know plenty about bullying. More than you I bet." she said snarling. Amelia was thinking of everything that had happened in her short life. "being left on your own at 7 months, never having a permanent home, people saying to your face that they don't want you. Being called strange, weird, crazy. Everyday, by people five years older than you. Being told you belong in a mental hospital. I think that's bullying." Amelia whispered to her self.
Back to top Go down
Paget Day

Paget Day

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Paget rolled her eyes, sitting down and leaning backwards on her arms.
"Things like that happen to me all the time," she said casually, her eyebrows raised. "It's really not bullying. Don't be sensitive, kid," she said, frowning. Something else must have happened to her. That can't have been it. She seemed so... sensitive and emotional.

Yawning, Paget rubbed her eyes. That medallion drained her sometimes. She was normally so slow at running, and her muscles probably won't used to... well, any sort of moving.

((Sorry it's so short.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to best a challenge ((open))   Struggling to best a challenge ((open)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Struggling to best a challenge ((open))
Page 1 of 1